The primary role of the Floating Support Scheme is to offer young people age 16 -25 support in their own tenancies or in the transitional period towards independent living. The type of support offered includes:
- Advice on housing rights and responsibilities.
- Welfare rights advice.
- Help with applying for DSS grants and loans.
- Finding furniture for empty flat/house.
- Information on local facilities.
- Access to health care, leisure transport, support & activity groups.
- Help with budgeting, paying bills and debts.
- Information on basic home security, maintenance and dealing with emergencies.
- Networking with specialist advice and support agencies to meet an individuals needs.
- Advocacy e.g. having someone to do the talking for you on certain issues you feel you can’t deal with.
- Building self-confidence.
- Assistance with finding an occupation, paid or voluntary, or training
- Befriending & emotional support.